Bioinformatics Centre has procured several software from general purpose to specific use with commercial and/or academic licenses . Some of software at BIC are
- Molecular Modeling: AMBER, GROMOS, CHARMM, BiomedCache, MODELER, Hex, AutoDock, Babel and Insight II.
- Sequence and Structure Analysis: Wisconsin package, BLAST, CLUSTAL-W, PHYLIP, DSSP, CE and SSAP
- Statistical Analysis: SPSS, Stastica and R
- Molecular Graphics: Rasmol, Midas Plus, Swiss PDB viewer, MOLMOL and MOLSCRIPT.
- Artificial Intelligence: SNNS and Support Vector Machine
- Database: Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Graphs and Graphics: Sigma Plot, GNU Plot, Corel Draw and Adobe PhotoShop
- Document Publishing and Presentation: Adobe Suite, MS Office, Reference Manager and Star Office.
- Hindi publishing: Hindi Software Tools, Akshar for Windows and LeapOffice 2000.
- Web designing: Adobe Illustrator, Front Page, Page Maker, MS Publisher and Macromedia Dreamweaver.
- Anti-virus Software: Norton AntiVirus, MacAfee Virus Scan and Kaspersky
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows: Advance server 2003, 2000 Professional, XP, Vista, windows-7. Red Hat Enterprise Edition Advanced Server, SGI IRIX, Solaris 10, Suse Enterprise and Cent OS and Darwin XServe2.