Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Genome annotation, Drug discovery, Crowdsourcing.
Anshu Bhardwaj obtained her Ph.D. in Life Sciences (2008) from Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad. The focus of her Ph.D. thesis was on prioritizing Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNPs) in disease association studies to identify potential biomarkers. As a lead PI in the Open Source Drug Discovery project, She conceived, designed and implemented crowdsourcing as a tool to tackle challenging scientific problems (Connect to Decode project), which is considered futuristic approach to drive big data scientific projects. Over years, Dr. Bhardwaj has published several prediction methods, databases and ontology based barcoding methods for genome variation data towards better understanding of genotype-phenotype correlations in addition to state-of-the-art interactome and reactome for Mycobacterium tuberculosis. She also writes popular science articles. She served as an Associate scientific advisor to Science Translational Medicine and is on the Editorial board of Frontiers in Systems Biology. She was selected as one of the young Innovator in India by UNDP and for International Visitor Leadership Program by US State Department.
- Sharma, A., Gupta, P., Kumar, R., and Bhardwaj, A. (2016) dPABBs: A Novel in silico Approach for Predicting and Designing Anti-biofilm Peptides. Sci. Rep., 6, 21839.
- Abinaya, E., Narang, P., Bhardwaj, A. (2015) FROG – Fingerprinting Genome Variation Ontology. PLoS One, 10(8), e0134693.
- Sharma, A., Dutta, P., Sharma, M., Rajput, NK., Dodiya, B., Georrge, J.J., Kholia, T., OSDD Consortium, Bhardwaj, A. (2014) BioPhytMol: A Drug Discovery Community Resource on Anti-mycobacterial Phytomolecules & Plant Extracts. J Cheminform., 6(1)..
- Bhardwaj, A et al. (2012) Crowd Sourcing a New Paradigm for Interactome Driven Drug Target Identification in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. PLoS One, 7 (7), e39808.
- Bhardwaj, A., Mukerji, M., Sharma, S., Paul, J., Gokhale, C.S., Srivastava, A.K., Tiwari, S.(2009) MtSNPscore: A combined evidence approach for assessing cumulative impact of mitochondrial variations in disease. BMC Bioinformatics, 10 (Suppl 8), S7.