Bioprocess Development and Scale up, Fermentative production of polysaccharides and metal nanoparticles.
The main areas of interest include fermentative production of various commercially important biomolecules. Our lab is presently engaged in developing processes for production of carbohydrate biopolymers. Recently, we have developed a process for production of pullulan, an industrially important biopolymer. In this project, organisms from diverse niches were screened and selected organisms were used for fermentative production of this molecule. Initially, the process was optimized in shake flask and laboratory scale fermenter level. At present, we are scaling up the process to 500 L fermenter scale. Our laboratory is also interested about biological production and application development of metal nanoparticles.
- Roy Choudhury, A., Saluja, P., Prasad, G.S. (2011) Pullulan production by an osmotolerant Aureobasidium pullulans RBF-4A3 isolated from flowers of Caesulia axillaris. Carbohydrate Polymers, 83, 1547–1552.
- Sharma,N., Pinnaka, A.K., Raje,M., Ashish , Bhattacharyya,M., Roy Choudhury, A.*(2012) Exploitation of marine bacteria for production of gold nanoparticles. Microbial Cell Factories, 11:86.
- Malhotra, A., Dolma, K., Kaur, N., Rathore, Y.S., Ashish, Mayilraj, S., Roy Choudhury, A.* (2013) Biosynthesis of gold and silver nanoparticles using a novel marine strain of Stenotrophomonas. Bioresource Technology, 142, 727-731.
- Dixit, P., Mehta, A., Gahlawat, G., Prasad, G.S. and Roy Choudhury, A.* (2015) Understanding the effect of interaction among aeration, agitation and impeller positions on mass transfer during pullulan fermentation by Aureobasidium pullulans. RSC Advances 5(49), 38984-38994.
- Gahlawat, G., Shikha, S., Chaddha, B.S., Chaudhuri, S.R., Mayilraj, S. and Roy Choudhury, A.* (2016) Microbial glycolipoprotein-capped silver nanoparticles as emerging antibacterial agents against cholera. Microbial Cell Factories 15: 25.