Biochemical Engineering Applied Microbiology Biotherapeutics Protein Delivery.
Our research efforts are directed towards application of biological sciences and engineering principles to analyse and understand bioprocesses for production/ modification of biomolecules. Product and process development is an integral part of commercial development. Most of these products are based on fermentation and hence, the issues of development and synthesis of processes that can produce and purify the product of interest are becoming important, more so in case of protein and DNA based biopharmaceuticals as one moves from discovery phase through clinical trials and to commercialization. An integrated approach is followed using metabolic engineering, synthetic biology and system biology in addition to inputs from chemistry, biology and chemical engineering in areas of biopharmaceuticals, nanomedicine, bioprospecting and industrial biotechnology.
- Sahoo, D.K., Agarwal, G.P. (2002) Effect of oxygen transfer on glycerol biosynthesis by an osmophilic yeast Candida magnoliae I2B. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 78, 545-555.
- Singh, J., Vohra, R.M., Sahoo, D.K. (2004) Enhanced production of alkaline proteases by Bacillus sphaericus using fed-batch culture. Process Biochem. 39, 1093-1101.
- Goyal, D, Sahni, G. and Sahoo, D.K. (2009) Enhanced production of recombinant streptokinase in Escherichia coli using fed-batch cultivation. Bioresour. Technol. 100, 4468-4474.
- Chopra L, Singh G, Choudhary V and Sahoo DK. (2014). Sonorensin: an antimicrobial peptide, belonging to the heterocycloanthracin subfamily of bacteriocins, from a new marine isolate, Bacillus sonorensis MT93. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 80, 2981-2990.
- Rawat, S.,Gupta, P., Kumar, A., Garg, P., Suri, C.R., Sahoo, D.K (2015) Molecular mechanism of polyvinyl alcohol mediated prevention of aggregation and stabilization of insulin in nanoparticles. Mol. Pharm. 12, 1018–1030.