Biophysical Chemistry; SAXS; Shape Restoration
Using SAXS and molecular modeling, my interest is to decipher shape /association order of protein(s) and their complexes of value. Prime interests include bonsai version of actin assembly regulating protein- gelsolin, peptides which modulate shape/association changes in human CD4, next-gen versions of tissue plasminogen activators and peptide-based vaccines. Initial data from SAXS based understanding of solution shapes of some large order assemblies are to be further understood by Cryo-EM based tomography.
- Aptamers for purifying and quantifying gelsolin and its variants WO2016056028A22.
- A process for the preparation of bio-organic coated gold and silver nanoparticles using blue light WO2016157220A13.
- In vitro method for detecting active mycobacterium tuberculosis using hair small angle x-ray scattering profile WO2108096557A1
- Singh, P., Khurana, H., Yadav, S. P., Dhiman, K., Ashish, Singh, R., and Sharma, D. (2020) Biochemical characterization of ClpB protein from Mycobacterium tuberculosis and identification of its small-molecule inhibitors, Int J Biol Macromol 165, 375-387.
- Khanam, T., Afsar, M., Shukla, A., Alam, F., Kumar, S., Soyar, H., Dolma, K., Pasupuleti, M., Srivastava, K. K., Ampapathi, R. S., and Ramachandran, R. (2020) M. tuberculosis class II apurinic/ apyrimidinic-endonuclease/3'-5' exonuclease (XthA) engages with NAD+-dependent DNA ligase A (LigA) to counter futile cleavage and ligation cycles in base excision repair, Nucleic acids research 48, 4325-4343.
- Kaur, N., Sagar, A., Sharma, P., Ashish, and Pati, P. K. (2020) Structural insights into rice SalTol QTL located SALT protein, Scientific reports 10, 16589.
- Dhiman, K., Nath, S. K., and Ashish. (2020) Monomeric human soluble CD4 dimerizes at physiological temperature: VTSAXS data based modeling and screening of retardant molecules, Journal of biomolecular structure & dynamics, 1-12.
- Choudhary, P., Badmalia, M. D., Ashish, and Rao, A. (2020) Shape-function insights into bifunctional O-GlcNActransferase of Listeria monocytogenes EGD-e, Glycobiology .
- Garg, R., Peddada, N., Dolma, K., Khatri, N., and Ashish. (2018) Pregnancy-related hormones, progesterone and human chorionic gonadotrophin, upregulate expression of maternal plasma gelsolin, American journal of physiology. Regulatory, integrative and comparative physiology 314, R509-R5222.
- Badmalia, M. D., Sharma, P., Yadav, S. P. S., Singh, S., Khatri, N., Garg, R., and Ashish. (2018) Bonsai Gelsolin Survives Heat Induced Denaturation by Forming beta-Amyloids which Leach Out Functional Monomer, Scientific reports 8, 126023.
- Sagar, A., Haleem, N., Bashir, Y. M., and Ashish. (2017) Search for non-lactam inhibitors of mtb beta-lactamase led to its open shape in apo state: new concept for antibiotic design, Scientific reports 7, 62044.
- Badmalia, M. D., Singh, S., Garg, R., and Ashish. (2017) Visualizing Temperature Mediated Activation of Gelsolin and Its Deactivation By Pip2: A Saxs Based Study, Scientific reports 7, 46705.
- Sagar, A., Arif, E., Solanki, A. K., Srivastava, P., Janech, M. G., Kim, S. H., Lipschutz, J. H., Kwon, S. H., Ashish, and Nihalani, D. (2017) Targeting Neph1 and ZO-1 protein-protein interaction in podocytes prevents podocyte injury and preserves glomerular filtration function, Scientific reports 7, 12047
- Albert, S. K., Sivakumar, I., Golla, M., Thelu, H. V. P., Krishnan, N., K, L. J., Ashish, and Varghese, R. (2017) DNA-Decorated Two-Dimensional Crystalline Nanosheets, Journal of the American Chemical Society 139, 17799-17802