Biophysical Chemistry; SAXS; Shape Restoration
Using SAXS and molecular modeling, my interest is to decipher shape /association order of protein(s) and their complexes of value. Prime interests include bonsai version of actin assembly regulating protein- gelsolin, peptides which modulate shape/association changes in human CD4, next-gen versions of tissue plasminogen activators and peptide-based vaccines. Initial data from SAXS based understanding of solution shapes of some large order assemblies are to be further understood by Cryo-EM based tomography.
- Aptamers for purifying and quantifying gelsolin and its variants WO2016056028A22.
- A process for the preparation of bio-organic coated gold and silver nanoparticles using blue light WO2016157220A13.
- In vitro method for detecting active mycobacterium tuberculosis using hair small angle x-ray scattering profile WO2108096557A1
- A non-invasive and remote method to screen cancer WO2019186577A1
I., Sagar, A., Dhiman, K., Bethel, C. R., Hujer, A. M., Carifi, J.,
Ashish, and Bonomo, R. A. (2023) Insights into dynamic changes in ADC-7
and P99 cephalosporinases using small angle x-ray scattering (SAXS). Journal of biomolecular structure & dynamics, 1-13
- Chauhan, N. K., Anand, A.,
Sharma, A., Dhiman, K., Gosain, T. P.,
Singh, P., Singh, P., Khan, E.,
Chattopadhyay, G., Kumar, A., Sharma, D.,
Ashish, Sharma, T. K., and Singh, R. (2023)
Structural and Functional Characterization
of Rv0792c from Mycobacterium tuberculosis:
Identifying Small Molecule Inhibitor against
HutC Protein. Microbiol Spectr 11,
N., Dhiman, K., Kalidas, N., Mukhopadhyay, A., Ashish, and
Bhattacharjee, S. (2022) Plasmodium falciparum Kelch13 and its
artemisinin-resistant mutants assemble as hexamers in solution: a SAXS
data-driven modelling study. The FEBS journal 289, 4935-4962
(2022) Visualizing how inclusion of higher reciprocal space in SWAXS
data analysis improves shape restoration of biomolecules: case of
lysozyme. Journal of biomolecular structure & dynamics 40, 12975-12989
G., Sidhu, C., Kalidas, N., Ashish, and Pinnaka, A. K. (2021)
Shape-function of a novel metapyrocatechase, RW4-MPC: Metagenomics to
SAXS data based insight into deciphering regulators of function. Int J Biol Macromol 188, 1012-1024
A., Singh, R., Kumar, A., Makde, R. D., Ashish, and Kodgire, P. (2021)
Biophysical characterization of the homodimers of HomA and HomB, outer
membrane proteins of Helicobacter pylori. Scientific reports 11, 24471
- Kumar, R., Deshpande, S., Sewall, L. M., Ozorowski, G., Cottrell, C. A., Lee,
W. H., Holden, L. G., Richey, S. T., Chandrawacar, A. S., Dhiman, K.,
Ashish, Kumar, V., Ahmed, S., Hingankar, N., Kumar, N., Murugavel, K.
G., Srikrishnan, A. K., Sok, D., Ward, A. B., and Bhattacharya, J.
(2021) Elicitation of potent serum neutralizing antibody responses in
rabbits by immunization with an HIV-1 clade C trimeric Env derived from
an Indian elite neutralizer. PLoS pathogens 17, e1008977
- Kapoor, S., Kodesia, A., Kalidas, N., Ashish, and Thakur, K. G. (2021)
Structural characterization of Myxococcus xanthus MglC, a component of
the polarity control system, and its interactions with its paralog MglB.
J Biol Chem, 100308
- Singh, P., Khurana, H., Yadav, S. P., Dhiman, K., Ashish, Singh, R., and Sharma, D. (2020) Biochemical characterization of ClpB protein from Mycobacterium tuberculosis and identification of its small-molecule inhibitors, Int J Biol Macromol 165, 375-387.
- Khanam, T., Afsar, M., Shukla, A., Alam, F., Kumar, S., Soyar, H., Dolma, K., Pasupuleti, M., Srivastava, K. K., Ampapathi, R. S., and Ramachandran, R. (2020) M. tuberculosis class II apurinic/ apyrimidinic-endonuclease/3-5 exonuclease (XthA) engages with NAD+-dependent DNA ligase A (LigA) to counter futile cleavage and ligation cycles in base excision repair, Nucleic acids research 48, 4325-4343.
- Kaur, N., Sagar, A., Sharma, P., Ashish, and Pati, P. K. (2020) Structural insights into rice SalTol QTL located SALT protein, Scientific reports 10, 16589.
- Dhiman, K., Nath, S. K., and Ashish. (2020) Monomeric human soluble CD4 dimerizes at physiological temperature: VTSAXS data based modeling and screening of retardant molecules, Journal of biomolecular structure & dynamics, 1-12.
- Choudhary, P., Badmalia, M. D., Ashish, and Rao, A. (2020) Shape-function insights into bifunctional O-GlcNActransferase of Listeria monocytogenes EGD-e, Glycobiology .
- Garg, R., Peddada, N., Dolma, K., Khatri, N., and Ashish. (2018) Pregnancy-related hormones, progesterone and human chorionic gonadotrophin, upregulate expression of maternal plasma gelsolin, American journal of physiology. Regulatory, integrative and comparative physiology 314, R509-R5222.
- Badmalia, M. D., Sharma, P., Yadav, S. P. S., Singh, S., Khatri, N., Garg, R., and Ashish. (2018) Bonsai Gelsolin Survives Heat Induced Denaturation by Forming beta-Amyloids which Leach Out Functional Monomer, Scientific reports 8, 126023.
- Sagar, A., Haleem, N., Bashir, Y. M., and Ashish. (2017) Search for non-lactam inhibitors of mtb beta-lactamase led to its open shape in apo state: new concept for antibiotic design, Scientific reports 7, 62044.
- Badmalia, M. D., Singh, S., Garg, R., and Ashish. (2017) Visualizing Temperature Mediated Activation of Gelsolin and Its Deactivation By Pip2: A Saxs Based Study, Scientific reports 7, 46705.
- Sagar, A., Arif, E., Solanki, A. K., Srivastava, P., Janech, M. G., Kim, S. H., Lipschutz, J. H., Kwon, S. H., Ashish, and Nihalani, D. (2017) Targeting Neph1 and ZO-1 protein-protein interaction in podocytes prevents podocyte injury and preserves glomerular filtration function, Scientific reports 7, 12047
- Albert, S. K., Sivakumar, I., Golla, M., Thelu, H. V. P., Krishnan, N., K, L. J., Ashish, and Varghese, R. (2017) DNA-Decorated Two-Dimensional Crystalline Nanosheets, Journal of the American Chemical Society 139, 17799-17802