The state-of-the-art barrier-maintained iCARE is designed to conduct experiments using rodents, rabbits and chicken. The facility has been constructed with clean and dirty corridor concept. The facility has been built in compliance with the guidelines of Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA) with a total built up area of about 30, 000 square feet spread over three floors. Registration number of the facility is 55/GO/Re/Rc/Bi/Bt/S/99/CPCSEA.
The Facility is a core service department of the Institute with an objective to procure, breed, supply and raise experimental animals of high quality and provide husbandry, veterinary care and technical and professional support to the scientific community of the Institute to facilitate research on animals. Defined barrier practices are followed strictly. The facility is under electronic surveillance (CCTV system) and access to facility is through access cards only, with access only to authorized persons to minimize the risk of infection to the animals.
iCARE Facility of IMTECH has been accredited by Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA), Ministry of Environment & Forests, Govt. of India to breed and experiment on animals. Our Registration Number is 55/GO/Re/Rc/Bi/Bt/S/99/CPCSEA.
The facility maintains following species and strains of various laboratory animals for breeding as well as experimentation as per the standards of CPCSEA:
Mice : BALB/c, C57BL/6J, DBA/1, DBA/2, C3H/HeJ, NOD & Knockout mice.
Rat: Sprague Dawley
Rabbit: New Zealand White
Chicken: Egg laying hens only for experimentation
iCARE Facility of IMTECH is not a commercial supplier of laboratory animals. However, laboratory animals may be supplied to outside CPCSEA registered Institutes as and when surplus animals are available in the facility. Animals are generally supplied against advance on-line payment in savings account of Director IMTech, A/c No. 30267007362 SBI, Sector 30 Branch, IFSC code SBIN0001443.
A. While ordering, please specify the followings:
(a) Species and strain
(c) Age and /or weight range
(d) No. of animals required
(e) Date on which the animals are required
(f) Contact details of buyer
B. Documents to be provided:
1. Request Letter from HOD or Principal Investigator (PI)/ officer in-charge of Animal Facility to the In-charge, Animal Facility, IMTECH, Chandigarh, specifying the above mentioned details.
2. Photocopy of the CPCSEA Registration Letter (most recent renewal letter) of your establishment.
3. Approval Letter of "Institutional Animal Ethics Committee" (IAEC) (Number, Date of approval, expiry etc
). 4. Undertaking from the buyer that the animals the animals requested/ordered against the approved protocol(s) have not been earlier procured from any other source and are not exceeding the number of animals approved by IAEC. Further, the animals shall be transported and later maintained in a facility as per CPCSEA guidelines, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India.
1. The animals can be collected from our Animal Facility on any working days (except Saturday/Sunday and any other gazetted holiday) between 10 A.M. to 4.00 P.M after prior confirmation of the animal availability and payment. The buyer has to make their own arrangement for the collection, packaging and transportation of the animals as per the national guidelines.
2. Please ensure to bring appropriate size and adequate number of cages for transport of animals as per CPCSEA guidelines.
3. As soon as the animals are received please transfer them to clean cages and feed clean water ad-lib.
4. Institute will not be responsible for any death, injury or escape of animals once they leave our facility. Requests for free replacement of animals or refund of cost will not be entertained. It is entirely the responsibility of buyer for the proper care and other consequences if any (including on transit) once the animals are dispatched from our facility.
5. The price of animals is subject to revision periodically without prior notice.
6. Feed-back on the quality of animals supplied by us in terms of experimental results will be appreciated.