- Right To Information
- Particulars of organisation, functions and duties
Particulars of organisation, functions and duties
FUNCTIONS OF RESEARCH COUNCIL
- Advise on the formulation of R&D programmes and future directions of activities of the laboratory keeping in view the Five Year Plans, national priorities and opportunity areas.
- Suggest networking with other CSIR National Laboratories on programmes of mutual interest.
- Review R&D activities and research programmes and advise on future dirctions.
- Advise on fostering linkages between the Laboratory, industry and potential clients.
- Any other function as may be assigned by Director General/Governing Body.
FUNCTIONS OF MANAGEMENT COUNCIL
- Administer and manage the affairs and environs of the laboratory
- Write off irrecoverable monetary losses and Stores within the limits prescribed by CSIR
- Recommend the resource allocation for R&D activities/facilities of Lab./Instt.
- Monitor the progress of R&D and other activities of the Lab./Instt.
- Recommend devolution of powers to the Project Leaders for the proper implementation of the projects/activities.
- Approve contract R&D, consultancy projects and licensing of IPR beyond the powers of Director.
- Consider the annual report of the National Laboratory.
- Constitute selection committees and assessment committees for all Technical staff.
- Any other matter, as my be referred by the Director.