Antimicrobial resistance, Biology of healthcare associated pathogens e.g., Acinetobacter, Signaling proteins, Human microbiome, Bacterial thrombolytics.
Currently, our group is focused on research work towards understanding the fascinations in the phenomenon behind antimicrobial resistance, identifying the drivers, roots of antimicrobial resistance and the crucial resistance determinants that counteract stress and environmental assails in healthcare associated critical Gram negative pathogens. We have identified the unprecedented signaling cascade involved in conferring multidrug resistance, deciphering the novel contributions of Ser/Thr/Tyr protein kinase and phosphatase in bacterial physiology and antimicrobial resistance, understanding the role of membrane bound efflux pumps and porins in stress response and virulence besides its key role in drug resistance. Understanding the bacterial strategies and mechanisms in mediating antimicrobial resistance is quintessential to embrace and improve our knowledge in the design and development of innovative antibacterial therapeutics against potential multidrug resistant human pathogens e.g. Acinetobacter baumannii. Another research focus is on bacterial thrombolytic protein-Staphylokinase, unfolded new findings and was involved in the development of recombinant staphylokinase technology.
- Srinivasan, V.B., Venkataramaiah, M., Mondal, A., Rajamohan, G. (2015) Functional Characterization of AbeD, an RND-Type Membrane Transporter in Antimicrobial Resistance in Acinetobacter baumannii. PLoS One. 10, e0141314
- Srinivasan, V.B., Vaidyanathan, V., Rajamohan, G. (2015) AbuO, a TolC-like outer membrane protein of Acinetobacter baumannii, is involved in antimicrobial and oxidative stress resistance. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 59,1236-45.
- Srinivasan, V.B., Rajamohan, G. (2013) KpnEF, a new member of the Klebsiella pneumoniae cell envelope stress response regulon, is an SMR-type efflux pump involved in broad-spectrum antimicrobial resistance. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 57,4449-62.
- Srinivasan, V.B., Vaidyanathan, V., Mondal, A., Venkataramaiah, M., Rajamohan, G. (2012) Functional characterization of a novel Mn2+ dependent protein serine/threonine kinase KpnK, produced by Klebsiella pneumoniae strain MGH78578. FEBS Lett. 586: 3778-86.
- Rajamohan, G., Dahiya, M., Mande, S.C., Dikshit, K,L. (2002) Function of the 90-loop (Thr90-Glu100) region of staphylokinase in plasminogen activation probed through site-directed mutagenesis and loop deletion. Biochem J. 365:379-89.